Music Lesson Payments and Policies
Music Lesson Payments & Policies
- Payments can be made via Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, Debit or Cash.
- We require payment in one of the following ways: Full year tuition (5% off – tuition paid in full for the full year Sept to June) or per-term (approx. 12 weeks). Lessons are charged based on a pre-determined schedule of classes that takes into account holidays and exception dates (details upon registration).
- All lesson fees are due in advance of your first lesson. We require post-dated cheques or pre-authorized credit card payments for tuition.
- Outstanding payments are subject to a 2% late charge after 14 days from the initial payment due date. After 30 days from the initial payment date, another 2% will be charged. After 45 days, CDM reserves the right to prohibit students with outstanding fees from attending classes until full payment is received.
- There are NO REFUNDS on forfeited lessons (see below)
- NSF cheques are subject to a $25 charge.
- Cancellation of a lesson must be made AT LEAST 24 hours prior to the scheduled lesson time in order to receive a “Cancelled Music Class Credit”. Lesson cancellations must be confirmed in writing via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- No shows or failure to email the school within 24 hours is considered a forfeited lesson.
- A withdrawl confirmation is submitted by email only. In order to maintain your timeslot, lessons must be attended regularly. 4 consecutive missed lessons requires a withdrawl. A $50 withdrawl fee will apply.
- Withdrawal Policies (Music Lessons): Written notice for 2 consecutive weeks of lessons is required to withdraw from lessons without penalty. Written notice may be given by email to email@example.com. The 2-weeks of lessons period commences upon receipt of the withdrawal email or on a specified date in the email. This gives us time to fill the spot for the teacher. Failure to withdrawl with 2-weeks notice by email will result in a $50 withdrawal fee.
- Any lessons cancelled at least 24 hours ahead will receive a Cancelled Music Lesson Credit
- Make-up classes are NOT –TRANSFERABLE to another student, sibling, term or season.
- Make-up lessons not used by August 31st will be forfeited and can not be transferred into the next fall season.
- Music classes cannot be made up with dance classes.
Playing music on piano is a beautiful thing to do, while practising piano is sometimes boring. But my daughter doesn’t feel any boring when she’s having piano lesson with Miss Yim. Miss Yim is a very nice and wonderful teacher. She brings fun to piano learning and inspires my daughter’s enthusiasm on piano. With Miss Yim’s teaching, my daughter has improved a lot! She told me, “Mom, I love piano class!” You can imagine how happy I was when I heard that. Loving music, that’s what a good teacher brings to your kid.
Megan is an excellent piano teacher. My two children enjoy learning new skills and theory from her. She is patient and supportive, yet strict at the same time. They practise at home on their own as their homework is enjoyable and manageable. Megan also encourages them to perform whenever possible. She is honest in her feedback and provides constructive criticism on how her students can improve. My children continue to improve in their piano technique. I feel very fortunate to have found such a wonderful teacher for my kids!