Although we encourage students to express themselves, it is important for students to abide by a dress code. We have a dress code policy for the following reasons:
- A neat and tidy appearance sets an attitude of attentiveness and respect for the students, teacher, and the art of dance. How a dancer feels will affect how they dance.
- Teachers must be able to see the dancer’s body outline clearly in order to make proper corrections on posture, alignment, etc.
CDM Dance Dress Code
- Hair must be properly secured and tied up off of the face and neck for all styles of dance. “Wisps” or stray hairs should be sprayed flat with hairspray. If you have difficulty making a bun, please attend our information/welcome meeting in September to learn how or ask us how in the office.
- Jewellery must not be loose or dangling.
- Gum chewing is not allowed due to danger of choking and to maintain respect for the class, your peers and teachers.
- All necessary undergarments should be concealed under dancewear.
- No loose fitting pants, blue jeans or day wear shirts, swimwear or bikini tops (they are not dance attire).
- No costumes are allowed in class unless a dress up day is announced by the individual teacher. Costumes are permitted in classes during the week before Halloween provided the costume does not inhibit dancing.
VISIT OUR ONLINE STORE! Why not order your uniform online and then have it delivered straight to your door!
If you would like to go in person to buy your uniform we recommend the following local dancewear stores. The following stores have our dress code on file. Just tell them you dance at CDM and what classes you take.
OUR RECOMMENDED DANCE WEAR VENDORS
Danceshoppe Promotion: 10% discount
50 Sheppard W, North York, ON, M2N1M2 416.225.6862
2) Toronto Dancewear Centre
1150 Sheppard W, North York
3) Dancexperts (Eglinton & Laird) 105 Vanderhoof Ave Unit #3
Toronto, ON, M4G 2H7 416-421-8506
4) Second Skin Fashions
(Yonge & John St.)
8100 Yonge, Thornhill, ON, L4J6W6 905-731 2629
5) The Shoe Room: Recommended for Pointe Shoes
406 Jarvis Street, Toronto, ON M4Y 2G6